How Do You Spell Recipe?
11 min read
In a world driven by the exchange of information and culinary creativity, one word stands tall in the language of cooking and baking: recipe. This article is a comprehensive guide on the correct spelling and usage of the word, aimed to clear doubts and enhance your writing.
Correct spelling of recipe
The correct spelling of the keyword is recipe. It’s a common word in culinary contexts, referring to a set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of ingredients required.
Definition of recipe
A recipe is a set of instructions that describes how to prepare or make something, especially a culinary dish. It is a method or procedure for achieving a desired result, often including a list of ingredients and steps to be taken.
Transcription of recipe
The transcription of recipe in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) is /ˈrɛsɪpi/. This reflects the pronunciation most common in English-speaking countries.
Examples of using of recipe
- I followed the recipe to the letter, but my cake still turned out dry.
- He’s been experimenting with different bread recipes during quarantine.
- Do you have a good recipe for gluten-free pancakes?
- This cookbook has recipes for all skill levels, from novice to expert.
Common spelling mistakes
- Reciepe - An incorrect transposition of the 'i' and 'e'
- Recepe - Missing the crucial 'i' between 'p' and 'e'
- Resipe - Incorrectly spelling with 's' instead of 'c'
These common mistakes often stem from misunderstanding the correct spelling rules, or misheard pronunciation.
How can remember the correct spelling
One technique to remember the spelling of recipe is by breaking it down phonetically into re-ci-pe. Another method is to associate the word with a mnemonic, such as 'Really Easy, Cook Immediately, Please Enjoy' which uses the first letters of the mnemonic to spell out the word.
FAQWhat does the word mean?
How to spell in Spanish?
Words closely related?
Difference between Words in American and British Versions
There is no difference in spelling of the word recipe between American and British English; it remains the same in both variants.
In which academic dictionaries you can find this word
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED)
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Cambridge Dictionary
#spelling #culinary #baking #cooking #Englishlanguage